Sunday, June 30, 2013

Skullduggery: Competitive Role Playing

As I was searching around the Internet for a new game for my group to try I came across Level 99 Games website. After poking around for a little I downloaded the quick start rules for their game, Skullduggery.
I have not had a chance to play it yet but after reading over the rules I must say I am really excited to give it a shot. Skullduggery places the players in the roles of super villains. Each player has a secret objective that they must complete to win the game, the catch is every players objective revolves around the same object. While the game is a narrative game, it is not a role playing game in the traditional sense. From reading the rules it seems that the game world is created by the players as the game progresses as opposed to being laid out by a Game Master. I don't really want to get into the rules and concepts because as I said I have not played it yet but from what I read it really looks entertaining. I am going to be getting a group together to play through the free print and play preview version. I will certainly follow up with an overview of our play session once we complete it. In the mean time if you are looking for something different head over to http://www.lvl99games.com/ and download the preview version for yourself and give it a spin. There is also a link to the kickstarter on their website, if you like what you see please consider backing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment